Example: First screensaver
We will create a screensaver out of an SWF file in this example.
Do the following to create a screensaver:
- Open SWF Maestro (SCR).
- Click “New” to create a new project file.
- Select “General > Screen saver ” in the menu
and enter the name “My first screensaver”.
- Do not change anything in the “General > Version Info” menu
because it is a demo screensaver and it will not be distributed. However,
you can enter your data if you want to.
- Now open “Files > Files for compilation ”.
- You create a screensaver out of only one SWF file so select “Compile
one SWF File”, click “Browse” and specify the path
to the file “screensaver1.swf” in the “Tutorials\Screensaver1” directory.
- Open “Files > Final screen saver ” and specify the
path where the screensaver file will be created.
- Click “Save As” to save the project.
- Click “Preview” to view the screensaver in operation.
- Close the “Preview” window and click “Compile” to
compile the screensaver.
- You can use the “Run” button to run the screensaver after
To install the screensaver in the system and add it to the “Display” settings
of the operating system, copy the final SCR file to the System32 subdirectory
of the directory where Windows is installed.